life hack: drink a full glass of water right away in the morning
Of course it’s important to stay hydrated all day, but drinking water after you wake up has some nice benefits.
- Improves metabolism
- “If you are dieting, you know that just by drinking water on an empty stomach, you can increase your metabolic rater by 24%! By increasing your metabolic rate, you are digesting faster and therefore improving your digestive system”
- Improves digestion
- “Heartburn and Ingestion can be caused by increased acidity in your stomach and acid refluxes in your esophagus. When you drink water early in the morning, the water pushes the acidity down and dilutes the stomach”
- Helps immune system
- “Drinking water first thing in the morning flushes out the stomach and therefore balances the lymphatic system. A stable lymphatic system will help build a strong immune system, which will prevent us from getting sick as often”
- Decreases chance of kidney stones and bladder infections
- “Just like with heartburn, the water will dilute the stomach acidity to decrease the chance of kidney stones. The more water you drink, the more toxins are rid from your body, which prevents bladder infections”
- Weight loss
- “Besides being less hungry and decreasing cravings, by drinking water immediately after waking up, your body is releasing toxins, which begin movement in your bowels. This process will recover and improve your digestive system”
- Helps skin
- “By drinking water, your body is able to release toxins faster, which will therefore give your skin that glow and radiance you may buy products for. In fact, 500 mL of water has proven to increase blood flow and make your skin glow while increasing production of new blood cells”
In my experience, I found it was easiest to keep a glass of water or waterbottle right on my nightstand so that I would remember to drink it as soon as I could in the morning. I think this is a simple habit you can add to your daily routine that will be beneficial. It might take some time to see results, but it’s worth it and, I mean, there’s really nothing to lose with this one.
Wishing you the best,